Marketing and Promotion
grow your business with increased visibility and credibility
We provide powerful Advertising platforms for you to promote your business
- Member profile and link on russianriver.com
- Visitor Center in downtown Guerneville. Provide your sales material and help our greeters get to know your business. We help visitors in person and over the phone craft their ideal vacation experience with your business in mind.
- Annual Map & Membership Directory, including listings of all members plus ad space. (New version coming in 2022) Distributed through our Guerneville Visitor Center & Visitor Centers throughout Sonoma County, Santa Rosa Airport, the Santa Rosa California Welcome Center, the San Francisco Welcome Center and member businesses.
- Weekly newsletter and social media cross postings. Make sure we know what your events and specials are, tag us and we’ll include your information for these powerful local promotional vehicles.
Through Events and event advertising we draw visitors to the region and showcase area businesses. Participating businesses are prominently displayed in event advertising and social media. Ads placed in print, radio, and online media have a ripple effect, reminding visitors from near and far of adventures to be had at the River. Join us for the annual events: Food & Wine Spring Fling, Stumptown Parade, 4th of July celebration, and Oktoberfest Fall Fling. (Events are currently on hiatus due Covid)
Our Board and Team are constantly looking for Partner Promotion opportunities to amplify your marketing efforts. Through collaborations with the Sonoma County Tourism Board and businesses such as event planners we help grow your visibility. We connect you to programs such as Restaurant Week, Certified Tourism Ambassadors, Shop Local and more.
We provide credibility and strength to your brand, illustrating your engagement in the community through a Membership plaque, use of the Chamber Logo, and Ribbon Cutting ceremonies for new businesses
The Chamber of Commerce is the Official Ambassador to the Russian River Region of Western Sonoma County. We encourage our members to provide Chamber staff with updates through marketing materials, emails and conversations so that we may better inform our many visitors and member guests. It is a tandem relationship, each providing a flow of information, keeping us energized and on target with our purpose to promote a thriving business community and economy.
Business Tools and Resources
connect and learn about issues affecting your business
The Chamber provides expertise, business community knowledge, and programs that help businesses thrive.
Provide Connectivity, enabling members to forge valued relationships with other business members. Join us at our monthly Business Mixers (restarting in October ’22 after a hiatus due to Covid) for referrals, community information, and collaborative projects – or host a mixer and showcase your space! Volunteer or participate in Chamber events, committees, or projects to develop peer relationships and partner opportunities.
Offer expertise through member programs covering topics such as marketing, social media, and grant writing.
Develop Grant proposals, drawing in resources that benefit our members such as community advertising, visitor center, downtown revitalization, and more.
Advocacy and Representation
amplify your voice in advocating for issues of importance to your business
The Chamber represents area businesses to media, the County, and the State on topics as diverse as flooding, downtown beautification, and tourist policies. We work hard to advocate for resources to support our business community. Issues we’ve worked on in the recent past include:
- Getting an exemption for our area to the Sonoma County vacation rental moratorium
- Stopped waste being trucked through our streets of Guerneville from other communities
- Fought for river flows and river health
Resourced country partnership contributions leading to civic improvements:
- Lighting district projects
- Wayfinding signs and downtown banners
We provide a voice for our members with Sonoma County departments:
- Economic Development Board
- Sonoma County Supervisor’s Office
- Sonoma County Tourism Board
- Sonoma County Lodging Association
- Sonoma County Sheriff’s department
We advocate for improvements and assistance through state agencies like Caltrans and the SBA, and work with federal agencies such as FEMA, the USDA and EDA on economic development programs.
As a member of the Russian River Chamber, you are investing in your business and community. You are supporting our local culture of natural beauty, diverse community, tourism history, and public-private partnerships that make this unique slice of paradise an outstanding place to live and work. The stronger we are as a business community, the more impact and strength we have as a region.
When one of us thrives, we all thrive.