- This event has passed.
Holistic Child Birth Prep Workshop; One Day Class for Couples
October 13 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for day exploring and celebrating birth in the coastal redwood village of Occidental.
Topics covered in class through lecture, hands on practice, and expiremental learning:
• Love and Relaxation: Guided relaxation, partner communication and the hormones of labor
• Optimal Fetal Positioning: Preparing your pelvis and baby for birth
• Moaning and Moving: Evidence based healthy birth practices, from vocalizations to opening the pelvic floor, breathing, massage and affirmations
• The Landscape of Labor: Understanding the physiological and emotional process of birthing your baby, contraction by contraction
• The Role of the Partner: Cultivating Trust and Safety and hands on skills
• Advocacy and Collaboration: Positive Communication with Providers
• Understanding Interventions: Build a toolkits for decreasing
unnecessary interventions and increasing vaginal birth options
• After-Birth: After Birth Options, The Micro-biome, Mental Health and The Sacred Hour
Each class is kept to six couples or less, as this allows for individual and hands-on attention from the instructor. We encourage participants to bring pillows, a birth ball, snacks and other items that will allow them to get comfortable and relax. We’ll practice massage and positions for birth, so wear clothing that allows for squatting and movement! We take an hour lunch break as well, and are just down the block from Howard’s Station and the Bohemian Market.
Each ticket is for two people; pregnant person and partner.